Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Sumo Springs
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 06:55 PM   #10
sduff

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #12345
QUOTE=pmbreaux;185322]I drove my Windsport 34J for about 2 months before installing Sumo Springs. What a difference it made in the ride. I little more firm, but handling was greatly improved. Thinking of doing the Koni Shock upgrade.

You did a test drive yet? What's your impressions?[/QUOTE]

I just installed the front Sumo Springs on my 32 foot long 2017 Thor Chateau 31W.

All I can say is just do it ASAP if your Class C still has the stock suspension.

I could not believe the difference. I drove a briefly in some noticeable winds on I 25 after the install and I was surprised how well they improved the handling at high speeds.

I felt a lot more confident and I was able to confidently drive in winds that normally cause me to slow down.

In addition, the handling at low speeds such as turning corners and the reduction in side to side swaying motion as well as the porpoising was also impressive.

I was also surprised at how they improved my steering feel.

I am adding a Bilstein steering dampener next week...I can only imagine that my steering will improve even more..

Once again, I only added the front Sumo springs and the change is impressive...I am debating whether I have to do anything to the rear now.

However, I can’t really comment on how much it helps sway when big rigs or larger RVs pass yet or during consistently high winds yet...will do an update after my 5 hour plus drive to Glenwood Speings next week.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.