Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
To answer my own question

It took 2.5 gallons for my 37ND with outdoor kitchen. 2 gallons through the system and 1/2 gallon for the P traps and toilet bowl.

The Anderson instructions are incorrect. They lead you to believe the antifreeze is first sucked into the water tank and then through the system

The actual procedure:

Connect a siphon hose to the city water fill and the other end into the antifreeze. Place the termination center valve in the winterize/sanitize position. Turn on the water pump and start opening faucets.

Of note, you are not using a sealed system here (due to siphon hose and open bottle, so the system will not build enough pressure to turn off the water pump.

In my case the 1/2 gallon for the P traps was not necessary since I previously blew out the lines and straight antifreeze came through the faucets. I just don't want an open bottle hanging around for a year.

I used a plate in the water filter housing which reduced the required antifreeze by about a quart or 2.

Unfortunately, this brings an end to my camping season. Now it is time for servicing, warranty visit to the dealer and possible mods before the next season begins as early as next month.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum