Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 01:27 AM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I love the Winegard Connect2 as well...... it is great to have a hotspot, WiFi booster / router and HD antenna in one single unit. We stream TV and movies with it all the time. I am just bummed I lose my unlimited plan at the end of this year.

I bought my coach October 2019 and it was built in April 2019. A few months ago I put EternaBond Tape over every joint, seam, etc. on the roof for this very reason. I cleaned the roof first and when I was done the Dicor was as white as it was out of the tube. Then I laid down Eternabond and made sure it overlapped the Dicor and onto the roof to prevent leaks. I did the Winegard mounting feet and the cable entry point as well. This will all but eliminate the need for routine roof maintenance and should prevent leaks. The only downside is if I need to replace anything, the EternaBond is a pain in the butt to remove but I would rather deal with that than leaks and damage.

The guys at the plant use screw guns set to max power on everything and over-tighten well over 50% of the screws in the coach to the point they strip and secure almost nothing. I had to replace all of the screws that hold the hinges onto the entry door. Every single one was over-tightened and stripped. When I removed the screws I could not believe how small and short they were to hold on a door that is opened and closed a dozen times a day. I ended up putting larger stainless steel screws in to fix that manufacturing fail.

There are dozens of other screws the same way. I fix them the right way as I find them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum