Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 04:57 AM   #20
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evening View Post
In my humble opinion, this has nothing to do with GPS and it's accuracy. This was taken out of context and made to get "click's" from forum users. But it's still funny !!!
To be fair, a GPS knows nothing about road conditions other than bridge clearance. You have to plug your RV dimensions into the GPS if it offers that option to help you with that.

I was in Floyd, VA and somehow wound up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The GPS tried to correct and navigate the shortest route to my intended destination. It sent me down a dirt road.

Luckily, a Gentlemen stopped me before it was too late and said 'you'll never make it in that. Turn around in that field and go this way'. And I did.

I did it in the toad one day and he was absolutely right. It was tree covered with low hanging branches thick enough to give the air conditioner and shower skylight a good punch.

If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.