Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 09:57 PM   #15
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Big difference in the Safty Plus and just a steering dampner IMO. I have one on my Axis and love it. Easy to install yourself.

The Saftey plus provides about 500# of pressure to the left and right off of center. It will try Keep the wheels perfectly straight. Once you let go of the wheel (while driving) it will quickly return to center (much qucker than without one installed).

So When in a parking lot / Camp grounds at slow speeds you have to muscle the steering wheel around (not bad but some effort). But once on the road its not as bad.... Feels like a sports car = firmer steering.

But my HD dampner on my old Jeep YJ you dont feel at all when making turn and it dont try to straighen out the wheel automatically. It just takes some of the jolts out of the steering wheel while driving.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum