Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 10:31 PM   #8
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
The 12v power source on the 7-pin EA mentions is a constant 12v supply on my coach - right wrong or indifferent. I avoided it for that reason.

Not everything is 'off'. The Patriot has an internal battery that likes to be charged. This is accomplished during road time. You have to turn off the power switch to truly shut it down. Sometimes I bother, sometimes I don't. It runs on external power so I'm not that concerned. I'm also not aware of the ramifications.

I don't have a wiring schematic so I can't tell if the incoming power must pass through the battery to the unit or it's 'jumpered' to accept either/or. If either/or, the external power will suffice. If it has to pass through the battery to the control board and I kill the battery by not shutting her down and she won't take a charge, the unit will not function.

Ignition off only means no draw on the coach. Not exactly sure what that means to the Patriot if she loses all power overnight until you hit the on switch in the morning. Haven't had to find out yet. When your not moving, she isn't doing anything so not putting a high draw on her own battery.

Hope you find out what's going on. Ping the forum with your find.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum