Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 02:23 PM   #29
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
6 gallons for 10 hours is .6 gallons an hour.

Onan 4000 is rated at half gallon at half load 7/10ths at full load.
It's right there in the spec sheet and I'll guess the spec sheet is lab conditions not real world.

You're splitting hairs.
I'm splitting factory specs.

The idea was ANY cost of fuel is an offset to the cost of a rv park space.

But
My argument against casually parking at Walmart to save some money is
'Taking too much from the well.'
Someone stopping there habitually to save money will eventually negate everyone's ability to stay there in a dilemna scenario.

We know it's happening now. we know some companies are cuttiing back on it. We know why they're cutting back no matter who's doing it.

My broken front caliper (insert a devastating malady here) requiring me to be parked for two days while a mechanic drives forty miles each way to get the part and there's no rv park within that distance, will not be accommodated because too many people saved too few dollars by overusing a valued resource.

We know it's happening now. We know due to overuse a calamity might require a 40 mile tow instead of a Walmart stay.

We also know some people don't foresee forethink or bother with anything but 'me first'.
It's a bad blemish on the good tomato of rv culture.

I'll all but guarantee the 'I'll park at Walmart(used generically like bandaid is) to accommodate myself in the smallest financial ways and put no thought into future consequence' folks are the same 'better to ask forgiveness than ask permission' bane.

I'm reading some abject undeniable selfishness in this thead.

A life standard;
I am last, first.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.