Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 05:53 PM   #21
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc123 View Post
Hello!

I just bought my first RV, the 29FE, 2 weeks ago from a private seller. It was a 2017 and in great condition per my inspector. My only other experience was renting a 27' LazyDaze for 2 weeks last summer just to see what it was like.

My first shakeout (shakedown?) trip was last week, Mon-Wed in Indiana Dunes Nat'l Park. I made 2 classic newbie mistakes: 1) Tried to fill water tank by sticking hose into City Water outlet (I'm learning) ; and 2) Didn't know about "secret" second black tank valve on passenger side that needed to be open to dump the tank.

I got help various online forums for #1, and luckily the seller was home when I called about probs emptying the black tank and he told me about the other valve.

Oh yeah and another problem, after I got the freshwater tank filled, I still couldn't get any water out. I ended up having to call Thor's emergency support line and it took him a awhile but figured out it was the valve next to the freshwater tank, it was still closed from dewinterizing.

Other than that it was great! LOL.

Glad to be here! Looking forward to many more trips with my 2 doggos.

AM
find a local RV Mobil Tech. Pay him to show you all about your rig.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum