Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Power trip
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 01:15 AM   #23
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Read the OP again. The complaint was NOT that he couldn't run both A/Cs at the same time. The complaint was that he couldn't run both A/Cs AND another major current drawing item such as a coffee maker or microwave. The answer is: a 30 amp coach cannot run 3 major current appliances at the same time as I explained in post #3.

There is no problem with his coach; like all 30 amp coaches you have to power manage.
Sorry.... I should have stated.... I was able to run the coffee maker when I had both A/C's running.

The 5000 BTU A/C in the Outlaw does not draw that much current... about 5 - 7 amps depending on the setting. Heck I was able to run it off my Inverter with my small solar setup and the crappy stock house batteries for hours. I also know it is on a 15A breaker.

The 13,500 BTU A/C could be pulling 12 - 16 amps depending on how hard it is running (that is what I see with mine). This one is on a 20A breaker.

If he had both A/C's running and they were max'ed out..... he should still have about 7 amps to run a coffee maker or maybe even the microwave depending on its specs.

Now granted.... he could be using a pretty high end coffee maker but the ones I usually see in RV's are probably drawing 5 - 6 amps. Ours draws about 5 amps. You also have to factor in the Converter and what it is doing at that moment in time.

So I guess of you add up all the math and what if's... then he could be over drawn and that's his issue. But then again.... maybe not. All I know is I never had an issue tripping the breaker at the pedestal when running both A/C's and making coffee.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum