Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 06:38 PM   #3
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPass58 View Post
On my Windsport 31S we have an outdoor kitchen, with a sink, fridge mounted on counter and small cabinet. I removed the Fridge, and small cabinet...next I am working on a plan to fab or buy a lazy suzan or a slide out storage drawer (tbd). My goal is to use this for storing my mini Green Mountain smoker and when in use simply swivel out of compartment freeing up the counter space as well to make this more functional.

Has anyone out there done something like this? working to do this so it looks and functions like it was planned, not hacked in.

I'll post pics as I go.
Chris

Interesting idea. Your problem might be the weight of the smoker. Green Mountain makes several smokers but the smallest I saw was 68 pounds Then add the pellet's and meat you might be at 80 lbs THe lazy susan with only one mounting bolt might not handle that weight. A sliding tray might but the entire smoker should be out of the compartment to allow the smoke to flow up and not get in the mh.

Might just be better to store it in the compartment and place it on a table next to the mh when in use. THis way you wont have to worry about the weight on a bracket or slide and you can still store it there and use the counter space when its out.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.