Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Propane fill up
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 09:25 PM   #39
mmp

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 26DB
State: Georgia
THOR #18195
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
All I was sayin’ for those of you who have owned a Travel Trailer:
It’s so much easier to fill the first tank when’s it empties and switches over to the full second tank.
EZ to remove the empty one, throw in rear of tow vehicle, and get it filled.

VS

You gotta drive the entire rig (25’, 30’, 35’ motorhome) to get the Propane filled.
And, with these inaccurate sensors I’m never very sure how much propane remains.

One time the sensor on my THOR said EMPTY, but the service tech could only get 4 gallons in my tank. Then because I didn’t meet their minimum, he charged me an additional $5.

So, needless to say, I don’t like the current propane set-up on my Motorhome.
I agree with you. Our old fifth wheel had dual 30# tanks and when one was empty I would just switch to the other tank. I could then take the other tank to get filled wherever/whenever was convenient. Much easier to drive the car/truck around to a propane place instead of the RV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum