Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 12:07 AM   #43
Cakeman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurican 34P
State: Maryland
THOR #17588
I haven’t installed either yet on my current rig, but I have had a steering damper on my 4x4 Winnebago Brave (yes, we converted a 79, she was a beast) and the steering stabilizers on a Class C 4x4 Quigley converted RV.

The damper is just that, a steering damper (basically a shock absorber).
The steering stabilizers (Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster, etc.) has the absorber, PLUS opposing springs to obtain a return to center. So, the steering stabilizer does double duty. Therefore, in some cases it’s considered a much superior product.

The Steering stabilizers with opposing springs will do a much better job of preventing loss of steering control during a blow out, hitting a pothole and/or running off, or returning to, the pavement.

I didn’t beat a horse, and no animals we hurt in my testing…. Well except for that critter crossing the road and someone’s feelings once…

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum