Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #4839
DinoC41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
Just finished fixing my stairs. A few points that may help others who may need to do this in the future.
Taking off the controller and motor is very easy. If you get lucky the gear box will be easy to. I did not get lucky. The last nut wouldn’t come off. That left me with no other choice but to take the stairs off. Thor could have made this much easier but....
After fighting to get the last nut off I was ready to put it back together.
I found two scissor jacks to help me lift the stairs to the mounting screws.
Note, don’t put the motor and gear box on before you get the stairs back on. We raised the stairs to the mounting screws and secured the inside two screws first. Lowered the jacks and stairs and secured the outside screws.
Then I installed the gear box. Before I tighten the nuts I put the pin back in the stairs. This is much easier than waiting until everything is installed.
When installing the motor you need to match up the gears then turn the motor until the holes line up.

This may not sound like a big deal to most on this forum, but for me it was the first time I have ever done anything like this. Don’t ask how long it took me.... I got into a MH because I wanted to learn and have something to do in retirement. This was a huge step in building confidence that I can do some of the repairs myself.

Jeff
Nice job my friend!!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum