Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Hi from England
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
SteveJ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: England
THOR #3479
Hi from England

Hello everyone. Yes there are Thor motorhomes in England and late last year my wife and I bought one - a Vegas 24.1 2015 model.

This will be our 5th motorhome but our first US style RV. So far not much chance to use it as I broke my arm putting in the electric hookup some 5 minutes into our first outing!

I know it is small by US standards but it is pretty big for here - especially driving down narrow country roads.

Both children are now at University and we are looking forward to several extended trips, with planning for a tour around Scandinavia already well advanced. My wife and I are both semi-retired. We do private tutoring for the US equivalent of (I think) Advanced placement High School courses in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. UK exams are in May/June so by the end of May we are FREEEEEEE......

Anyway the systems in the motorhome are all a little different than is normal for Europe so I plan to spend quite a while working out where everything is. Obviously we are quite some way from the manufacturer, although we did buy it from an official Thor dealer here in the UK (the only one!).

Nothing gone wrong so far but only used it the one day. Down to the south coast where it is stored next week for short break.

Regards,

Steve & Gen James.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.