Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 11:23 AM   #11
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Something interesting that I just learned about my coach while responding to this thread.

I just looked in my owner's manual and it says don't lift the wheels off the ground. No surprise there.

The interesting part and I quote:

"Note: All slide-out rooms should be fully extended prior to leveling the motorhome; rooms out, jacks down. Raise the jacks before retracting the slide-out rooms."

Now, I have the Equalizer Systems EQ Smart Level System which is different than the Lippert system that was in the Challenger.

Amazing what you learn when you read the owners manual.

My manual says not to raise *ALL* wheels off the ground... no such warning about one or a pair.
Also stickers clearly say not to operate slides if not level.

Do I try to avoid having wheels off ground? Sure...
But do I sweat it if I need to? Nope... not at all.

My last sticks/bricks, my last RV would run fridge fine in driveway... current rig needed wheels lifted to do same. No way I would try to drive up on blocks that high. Much safer to use jacks in my opinion. They support most of the rig weight as soon as they start lifting.

One of those ‘religious’ arguments you won’t get consensus on.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.