Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #51
SamNavy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34B
State: California
THOR #19439
Jimbo/Ace, all great advice.

I'm 100% sure that the propane delivery system is functioning properly. The propanenflame will light and produce solid heat for about 5 seconds if I use a stick lighter to manually ignite the flame. I can hear/smell and ignite thebpropanenflame myself and it runs solid for about 5 seconds before shutting off. This cycle happens 3 times after flipping the switch in the coach. The red light on Tue switch comes on and stays on even after the 3 cycles. There is no ignition spark that I can see from the ignitor. I removed the ignitor and gapped it a little thinner and checked the porcelain for wear. The ignitor looks perfect.

Just to rule out the easy stuff, I'm going to replace the thermostat, ECO and heating element since they're cheap and easy.

I also have done the eraser trick on the two connectors assemblies and no change.

I also removed the fusible link and connected that wire directly to the thermostat with no success.

Will betcha all know in a few hours.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum