Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRvs666 View Post
I am getting an xg32 with the F550 cab and a 6.7 Diesel. Do I really need braking from my JL Rubicon? The big Super C has massive brakes and I can’t imagine that Jeep pushing it around too much. I’ve hauled similar sized cars on a two wheel dolly with my F350 with the same engine with zero issues.

Let me just put this in perspective...
What are you paying for the xg32?
What did you pay for your Rubicon?
And questioning $1,000 investment for safety?
(Plus install if permanent system...)

I’ve got both a less expensive rig and wrangler toad... Wasn’t even a question at those numbers.

A 3,000 pound toad (I expect your Rubicon weighs more than that) puts MANY times that load on the rig in an emergency stop.. if it takes you even an extra 10 feet to stop, would that make a difference? (What did you run over or hit in that 10 feet?)

And do you want your Rubicon to pass you if a breakaway happens?

You have zero issues right up to the point you have one.
Decision is of course yours...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum