Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 03:43 AM   #33
TomAndLindaRogers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Minnesota
THOR #7948
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
My manual says not to raise *ALL* wheels off the ground... no such warning about one or a pair.
Also stickers clearly say not to operate slides if not level.

Do I try to avoid having wheels off ground? Sure...
But do I sweat it if I need to? Nope... not at all.

My last sticks/bricks, my last RV would run fridge fine in driveway... current rig needed wheels lifted to do same. No way I would try to drive up on blocks that high. Much safer to use jacks in my opinion. They support most of the rig weight as soon as they start lifting.

One of those ‘religious’ arguments you won’t get consensus on.
Well said gmc. We have a driveway that requires the left set of rear duel tires to be off the ground about two inches to be level enough to run the refrigerator and put out the slide. To be perfectly level all four rear tires are in the air. Front to back the coach is stable with all back tires off the ground, but it is not stable side to side. If we’re home for a long time, I use the ramps and boxes under the jacks you see in the picture to level the coach. I originally had higher ramps but reduced the height because driving up onto the original ramps was just too scary. I’ve gotten used to these ramps. When camping I always have as many tires on the ground as I can, but if I have to, I will have one or two tires off the ground as long as a least one set of rear tires is on the ground.

I realize not every one is comfortable with tires off the ground but this works for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A60166F4-908F-43CB-8E96-468ED6D7CBDC.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	25007  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.