Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 02:02 AM   #18
Ford1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Serrano
State: Florida
THOR #8144
I agree that it would be preferable to remove the old decals first, but unless you have done that successfully then you might reconsider the options and the final results. We were quite satisfied with the results.....as were the couple who purchased it from us a few years later. They kept in contact with us for three years before trading it in for a newer model. They even commented that the graphics still looked good except for the Georgetown decals on the rear that had curled and chipped (I had not painted over that since it looked good at the time.)
The original question was if anyone had ever painted over them and how were the results. My reply was based on my experience in doing so. If the question had been how does it compare to a full body paint job or a new Featherlite 45 footer, then I would have answered appropriately.
I don't know if it bothers anyone else when forum members directly criticize a responders methods or replies. It would seem to me that if someone has another thought or idea, it would be more considerate to reply with those ideas as possible alternative solutions, less criticism of those trying who have offered with their own thoughts. The way I see it, I wasn't talking to them in the first place!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.