Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 07:44 PM   #14
Rysiek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
This is a head scratcher for sure. Sounds like your coach batteries are fully charged now at 12.7 vdc unloaded. In order for them to have charged, the converter connections to the coach batteries must be good (use/store is on; all breakers, use/store latch relay connections good). So why does the gen starter not kick on when you operate the gen start switch from coach batteries only (with engine not running)?

Let’s try some additional things to see if we can get a bit more information: with use/store on:
1. Have you tried starting the gen with the switch right on the gen (with coach engine off)?
2. Start the coach engine and let it run for 5 minutes. What DC voltage reading do you get on the house batteries? It should be high 13’s or in the 14’s. It should be the same as what the chassis battery charging voltage is.

3. With engine off, operate and hold the emergency start relay switch near driver seat and then try to start the gen. Might need the DW to help unless you have very long arms.
It is a big time scratcher. Thank you for your help.
Here are some answers:
1. Yes, I have tried starting the gen right on gen. Primed the gen first as well.

2. After coach is running for few minutes the DC voltage reads 13.7 DC.

3. I have not tried this idea. Will do that today.
Altough, I could not start the gen by pressing emergency start from the dashboard

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum