Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 01:09 AM   #9
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I sent Brian an e-mail late this afternoon with the pictures and video of the cab-over moving while leveling. I'm hoping I hear from him tomorrow.

I know they will do the right thing...... I'm just concerned they may have to do some serious work on it.... and then what?

You know.... you and Dave may be on to something...... when you look at the picture of it sitting in the driveway... it looks like the front jacks should really be behind the cab doors.

If the jacks are spread too far apart, it could sag in the middle and cause the Cab-Over to push up as the center sinks..... and that is the direction the Cab-Over is moving from the molding. It is pivoting from the bottom vs the top.

The thing weighs over 17,000lbs... maybe the frame is flexing too much based on the jack placement.

Or the vibration and bouncing from the weight of the Cab-Over has weakened the connection point and now fatigue is occurring.

My wife can't believe they use screws to attached the Cab-Over to the walls. She thinks it should be welded. I had to explain to her that it takes an unskilled laborer with a screw gun about 10 minutes to screw the frame rails together... versus a higher paid experienced aluminum welder an hour to do it the right way.

I have found a ton of screws on this coach and my last coach that were all over tightened and stripped guys who don't know how to use a screw gun properly.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum