Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 03:51 AM   #1
PhoenixFlyHigh

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #19508
Countdown to the full-time Gypsy life in my 23' Class C

Hi, I'm Michelle. I'm happy to be here! I don't have a lot of time to do research right now because I'm packing my apartment up and need to be out on 7/31. Going to be a Gypsy for a while in the 2010 Thor Chateau I recently purchased.

I'm not new to owning/driving/living in a motorhome. I inherited a 31' Bounder years ago and drove it all over before using it as a temporary home once or twice in my life. Difference was when I lived in it, it was in a fixed location off the grid with partial services: water and sewer hook ups. And that was 20 years ago..

Fast forward to now. I'm about to move in to this thing, but first I'm doing a couple of modifications. I will be removing the rear side bed platform to gain more square footage inside the coach. I'll be giving up the storage space underneath the platform, but oh well. I know there are a few services under the bed to be cautious of, and the build-back will encompass a bit of rerouting of these services.

The question of of the hour is, has anyone ever done this before, and can you offer me any advice?

The other thing is that I will be moving to a composting toilet. Once I do that, I will use the black tank as an overflow for the grey water tank. Has anyone done this before? If so, any advice?

Thanks in advance! I appreciate any advice you may have.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum