Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 01:35 PM   #12
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
the truth is, no matter how much you 'look' when you're at the dealer's lot, and sometimes even with a few days 'on the lot' to try it out before leaving, some things will just not reveal themselves UNTIL you have traveled a good ways and had many nights with the coach - to try out ALL the systems in every way...

that's what the WARRANTY is for. No, it's not fun, and yes, some will get a fairly 'good' coach from the get go, but some will really struggle with what seems like such a HUGE purchase to have 'so many' problems from the outset.

It's not a matter of whether 'we' let this happen, as if all of us are someone going to a dealer and buying a coach at the very same time, but it's not something ANY OF US do on anywhere of a 'frequent' basis - yes, you 'expect' it to be perfect, but it's built by humans, and humans are not perfect, even when they really WANT to be.

If the dealer can not, or will not, handle all your issues, contact the FACTORY/THOR and make sure that you are polite, but FIRM, that you will want them to pick it up and take it all the way back to their factory in Wakarusa for repairs, otherwise.

Been there, done that.
I've delivered no less than TWO coaches back to FLEETWOOD and THOR for the very same reasons - the buyer was not satisfied with why their dealer could not 'handle' all the work that was required to bring it up to acceptable 'brand new' condition, as they bought it - I was the lucky transport driver that got to 'hear' those complaints from those customers when I picked up their 'new' coach to get it back to the factories. : /

We also had a laundry list of items when we first bought our Palazzo, at a mega-dealer in TEXAS - but, honestly, with several overnights in their 'full-hookup' covered sites, they took care of EVERY ONE OF THEM before we left, and without hesitation or argument or someone making us feel as though we were 'asking for something special'... they just did it. I would go back there in a heartbeat to do it again.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.