Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 07:22 PM   #24
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
So does it start with the engine running or not? If it does, than you have a problem with supply voltage from the house batteries - either they are too dead to start the generator or the 100 amp DC breaker from the house batteries to the generator is tripped.

Sounds like a fuel starvation problem to me - again related to lack of good 12 VDC to the generator. In this case, the fuel pump. Once you remove the engines alternator voltage from the supply to the generator the fuel pump can't keep up and starves the generator.

Definitely a possibility
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysiek View Post
I was measuring the house batteries at their location, checked the Reverse Polarity fuses. They were good. So, I slowly followed your instructions and started reading your next suuggestion to follow the main power positive cable from the house battery THRU 100 DC BATTERY BREAKER, MAKING SURE THE BREAKER IS NOT... TRIPPED!!!

@@#$%% it was!!!

Next to the breaker (little yellow bar) is a red button. When the red button is pressed the breaker is tripped and yellow bar changes position to tripped! (photos attached).

When I was cleaning the batteries and building battery box, I tripped the breaker not even knowing about. It is also possible, that while driving the batteries moved a little and pushed that button in and tripped the breaker. I am going to place a little spacer there, so this will never happen again.

Now, I really would like to thank you for taking your time trying to help me. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Throughout this few days I was able to learn so much more about my coach and how things work.
I would like to thank you ALL. Everyone had a good suggestions and I was really paying attention to your ideas. THANK YOU!!!Attachment 25047Attachment 25048

So the answer was in Post #3 (See above) and was the exact problem the last thread about the generator not starting had:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...art-22448.html

I'm glad you finally found the problem and resolved it. Now you still have to figure out why your house batteries won't charge above 12.7 VDC when on SP.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.