Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 10:02 PM   #23
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
I'm fighting the same problem with the MH in my Sig. I've been trying many of the things mentioned in the big AC thread. I can maintain 81 in 93 degree weather out in open sun.
I have one 15K BTU and and the Delta T is 24 degrees.

I'd like to make one test and that is to drape a tarp over my front and side windows to get them out of the sun and see what difference that makes. If enough difference, I'll fork out the cash to make custom covers for the outside of the windows.

If that doesn't satisfy my need. I'll do like you did and add a second AC in the bedroom, probably a 13.5.

I liked the way that you set your spare AC up. That was a neat job. If it's cool, you don't even need to hook the other 30A cable up.
It cost me about $1000 to add the second ac. No labor cost because i did the install. Magne windshield shades are close to that price. Ill take the extra ac any day

With 2 ac units I can keep the inside any temp I want. We usually run the bedroom ac during the day when we're in the livingroom and livingroom ac at night when we're in the bedroom. Doing this really lowers the noise level where we are at and the mh is nice and cold

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.