Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 03:41 AM   #25
Mousemate

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 29.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
I like your ideas. And I thought of one other thing. If my living room AC bites the dust, I'll still have another to get by until I can repair or replace the main unit.
Now I'm thinking of getting another 15K instead of a 13.5K. Also I'm thinking of getting one with heat strips.
I added a second 15,000 btu unit to the bedroom in 2017.
One of the best mods. It can be 90 outside 69 inside and the two units will cycle unlike the one unit running all day.

If you do get the heater make sure you order the correct control box to allow that option .
I Also added the heater to the front unit and replaced the control box .

I would also suggest you getting a digital thermostat front and back unit ( optional)
Also when you run the wire for the rear unit pull a thermostat wire just in case you want to add a second Thermostat ilo the roof top controls.( I made that mistake)

The heaters will not heat the unit initially. But will maintain the rv once the propane furnace get the temperature up .
I have used them to about 20 degrees and they maintained the rv ilo the propane last year at thanksgiving.

More info and some pics can be found below.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/ace...23543-101.html
Posting 1401
See also posting 1936
See also posting 1407 for a list of other great mods

Hope this helps

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum