Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 05:25 AM   #20
Edki45

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.6
State: Texas
THOR #19026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
Has anyone installed a Class 5 hitch on a 2018 Axis? It has the E450 Chassis.Looking at class 4 hitch now looks like frame needs to be reinforced.

Glenn, Did you ever find a solution to the tongue weight problem. I have an Axis 25.6 with similar problems.
We need to tow a Lexus SC430 on a trailer.
3840 lb curb weight
15 feet long
6 feet wide
Our Ford E450 chassis Thor Axis 25.6 that is 26.5' long has a 8000 lb tow capability but only 500 lb tongue capacity. I can imagine the real figure is even lower because of the extended frame by Thor frame.
I am concerned about my tongue weight problem. It is probably going to be around 750 lbs. Do you know a way around this problem? Can you recommend a trailer or at least a trailer company? We live in Texas. We will probably have to to drive it this fall to Thor in Elkhart to to get the rv slide replaced and hope to find a trailer and solve the tongue weight problem on the way back if not before.
BTW, did you get Ford or Thor to level your coach? Mine sits 3" low in the front. I am in the process of building my front spring spacers and alignment equipment. Can't find anyone within 150 mile radius of DFW, Texas that will do it. They can but won't because it is a "God awful motorhome" and not an 18 wheeler.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum