Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Towing
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 08:27 PM   #44
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgorski View Post
Your reply is the typical reasoning I see. That's why I asked if you have any experience or examples of accidents caused by cheaper tow bars. Why spend the extra money if there is no benefit? I understand there are anti harbor freight people and only blue ox people. That is fine but show me evidence that it's worth spending the extra money vice and choice and opinion.

Are there any states that require a brake on a TOAD and not just on a trailer?

Why go cheap and make things difficult and maybe stop an accident. Ask yourself if it made no difference then why would there be $1000 tow bars and $75 ones.[/QUOTE]

You’re looking for someone to show you that a simple tow bar and/or lack of toad brakes CAUSED an accident and I don’t think you’ll find it. But there is no question that stopping distances will be longer without the added brakes and that can be a major factor in an accident situation. You are either arguing for the sake of arguing or you believe that just because you’ve not experienced a problem in the past you never will. On the tow bar issue, of course there is nothing wrong with a cheap, rigid bar. Folks used them for years, me included. But they have since invented products that are easier and more satisfying to use. Many of us choose them for that reason. You could use an old bag style cell phone too but I’ll bet you don’t!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.