Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 10:01 PM   #1
Vern

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Missouri
THOR #17907
Unknown Dashboard Light

This is an interesting one! I have a dash board light that is a car with a lock in front of it. (I attached a picture of it). I went to start my Axis and this light was flashing red when I turned the ignition on. The starter did not engage – nothing happened. This same thing happened a while back last year but when I turned the key on and off a few times the light stopped flashing and the vehicle started. Never happened again until this week. The truck would not start, batteries were all charged. All coach utilities were fine. I tried everything I could think of – with shore power, without shore power, with generator running, and without. Nothing. I then removed and thoroughly cleaned all the battery connectors on the chassis battery. Still nothing. Thor said there is no such light on the dash (sorry!) and he said it must be a Ford issue (chassis) and not a coach issue. Ford’s web site lists a bunch of dash lights – but not this one! I desperately disconnected both wires on the Battery Isolation Monitor and cleaned them thoroughly. Turned the ignition and the light was not flashing and the unit started as normal. This could indicate a BIM going bad and I plan to replace it. Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone have this light on their dash?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_949 Jul. 21 13.34.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	25086  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.