Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 12:47 AM   #4
ArrowFlinger

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: Michigan
THOR #19752
City water off.
When i turn the pump on it just keeps running.
I don't know how long to let it run to prime so i turn it off after 3 minutes. afraid to burn it out.

Extra info, I think it may be low voltage. My house batteries are not holding a charge, and the auto-leveler wont run (shows the low voltage light) First night I left the interior lights on overnight. I do have to start the engine, to have enough juice to kick on the generator.

I am hooked up to shore power on 15amp right now, but even when i run the generator the battery meter on the panel only shows 1 red light. I did have it to 4 a couple of days ago, the only time i saw it at 4. When I had 4 i thought i finally was good so I ran the AC, but popped the garage breaker. (had switched the fridge from gas to auto) plus whatever else that was on that line. it as been at 1 light ever since. I will end up running a dedicated 30A line into the garage soon.

Do these run off the batter and the shore and generator are just charging, or when connect(or gen) do they run off the gen.

Gonna look at having the batteries tested. They are from Cummins batteries from Aug of last year according to the sticker. Cummins has an 18 month replacement warranty, so hoping if they fail a load test, that i can get them replaced. Just bought it last weekend and taking it out this weekend, then for a week the following weekend. The second trip the first 3 days will be boondocking, so trying to get this all figured out.

Hope that paints a full picture. i am hoping it is just batteries and not any thing else.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum