Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 04:12 AM   #49
Capt.Tom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #15940
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Something interesting that I just learned about my coach while responding to this thread.

I just looked in my owner's manual and it says don't lift the wheels off the ground. No surprise there.

The interesting part and I quote:

"Note: All slide-out rooms should be fully extended prior to leveling the motorhome; rooms out, jacks down. Raise the jacks before retracting the slide-out rooms."

Now, I have the Equalizer Systems EQ Smart Level System which is different than the Lippert system that was in the Challenger.

Amazing what you learn when you read the owners manual.
My Thor Miramar and my last motorhome, a diesel pusher, said just the opposite. That you should have it level before extending or retracting the slide. And the automatic leveling system will lift it off the ground if it needs to to reach level.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum