Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Towing
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 05:57 AM   #58
Harley97

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24HE Freedom Elite
State: California
THOR #19344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Tom View Post
Good luck with that in a court of law, but besides that many vehicles like my Ford F-150 have been designed to be towed on all fours. It's in the owner's manual how to prepare it for that pretty much most of the Chevys too.
Motorhome magazine seems to think brakes are required.
"The Laws of Towing
In most states, anything towed behind another motor vehicle must have brakes. Some states have varying weight restrictions which dictate that vehicles and trailers over a certain weight must have brakes, or the combination must stop within a specified distance. Considering that RVers travel often from state to state, it basically becomes a legal requirement to have dinghy brakes."
https://www.motorhome.com/top-storie...inghy-braking/
As I have said multiple times throughout this thread. 1. Show me a law, not a magazine or website opinion. 2. Show me any single lawsuit, citation, fine etc for someone not having auxiliary brakes on a TOAD.

We all have opinions but what matters is what the law says and what courts say. I have never seen anything supporting auxiliary brakes on a TOAD being required by law. I will gladly recant all my posts if someone can prove this to me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.