Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 07:43 PM   #63
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Agreed Bob....

In many cases the Levelers are carrying the bulk of the coach weight after leveling.

When you see the suspension extended to the max and large gaps in the wheel wells, the Levelers have 90% or more of the coach weight in these instances.

With my SnapPads installed, I have ~144 square inches on the ground per Leveler for a pretty stable foot print when leveled.

If I was in a space where there was a significant incline one way or another, I would be repositioning or moving to another space if my jacks had to be extended to the max to deal with it.

Current I am on a fairly level space but my front wheels are just barely off the ground. I can guarantee I have as solid foothold on thee ground as a result of the SnapPads being used as I would if the tires where carrying all of the load.
There may be an unfair assumption that you can simply move to another space. The place I'm staying is booked solid today through the weekend and I MUST remain here to receive a very important delivery on Monday or I would be on my way.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.