Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #32
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTimesThree View Post
Judge - thanks for posting this. I'm experiencing the EXACT same A/C issue in my 2018 Miramar 35.2. Sometimes the fans start but not the compressor; sometimes, the compressor runs but not the fans. Like you, it's happening 3-4x per day and just started 5 days ago.

I will definitely reach out to Firefly about this.

I just paid General RV (Huntlely) $400+ for 5.5hr of work on the problem today and they said "all works normally". What a waste.

And of course they didn't mention the recall nor is it listed on the owner site @ Thor itself. I've sent the link to the service manager to see if my rig was manufactured in the time window listed.

Finally, my question...

When I pull up the Settings page on the Firefly, I get no buttons as discussed in the thread. Am I missing something?
When you contact FireFly ask for Jerry Mauer. He was the one I worked with on my problem.

I just got my coach back from General RV (Canton) last week and after several days of camping in mid-90's..... I think I am ready to say my A/C control issues have been fixed.

Per FireFly's recommendation, General RV replaced the G7 Panel (mainboard) but they also replaced the touch display since the coach was under warranty.

However, when I got the coach home my wireless multiplex switches were not working. After investigating it looked like they never paired the switches with the new hardware. I tried to pair the switches myself but none of the fives would connect.

I called Jerry the next day and after walking through it with him he determined the touch display they installed was bad since it has the wireless control for the switches. I called Thor and made them send me a new display so I did not have to drive 4 hours round trip back to General RV. Thor has to have FireFly program the new display and it took about 3 days to get it. It was a 5 minute swap and all the switches paired properly.

I then wrote a note to the Service Manager telling him his tech did not try to pair the switches with the new hardware and had they done so, they would have found the new touch panel to be defective.

I have still been testing the A/C at home with the new touch display and both A/C units still seems to work properly.

I am going to guess you either have a bad G7 panel or you have older firmware. If you are out of warranty and your firmware is not 6.14, you may be able to convince FireFly to send you what you need to upgrade the firmware.

Unfortunately the dealers have no experience with these high tech systems. I try to go straight to the manufacturer and use e-mail so I have documentation of what they say about the troubleshooting I did and the potential solution.

I gave General RV the entire e-mail string I had with FireFly saying the G7 panel needed replaced. They called Thor to get approval for the parts as soon as I took the coach in so they could replace them per FireFly.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum