Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New Owners!
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 06:13 PM   #32
ChrisCruises

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #18888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnandcarols View Post
thanks Chris! We are getting there slowly but surely. We ahve read incessantly and have watched nearly every video on the Owners' Resource page too.

This morning the big surprise was from the on board batteries and the refrigerator. I had started the refrigerator last night on LP to get it ready for a trip this weekend. I went in this morning to check on things, and found the battery dead and the refrigerator off (it was still cold so must have just quit). I plugged in to the house, restarted the refrigerator and now things seem ok. I guess my question is whether or not the refrigerator can run on gas and maintain the charge on the battery. I know that the ignition requires electricity to operate but now trying to figure out if I have a problem or not!
I used to do the same thing, turn on the house and then the refrigerator the night before and had similar results. The last two weeks I turned on the house and refrigerator early Friday morning for a Friday afternoon departure and no problem. I wonder if a small trickle solar panel on the battery would take care of that concern. Someone here probably has the ultimate answer. They always seem to!

My first thought was “well, there IS space for another battery, maybe I should have more than just one!” But turning it on in the morning and giving it about 6 hours to cool seems to work just fine. My best suggestion for this first season is to learn how everything works as is before adding/fixing/changing anything.

We go to state parks every weekend and I would love to be able to leave the refrigerator on all the time and not tote food back and forth every weekend...it’s on my wish list!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum