Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 11:34 PM   #2
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Best Hotspot Data Plans

Most of the really low cost unlimited data plans have ended now.

I’m not sure if you have Xfinity (Comcast) for cable service but they rolled out cell plans in the last year or so. They use the Verizon network but the service is only available to Xfinity cable customers.

They have an unlimited plan for $45/month. The downside is it is standard quality video. You have to pay more for HD quality speed ($20/month) or purchase by the Gig plans that are shareable.

My wife and I have AT&T and I have the Winegard ConnecT2 with the unlimited AT&T plan until the end of the year.

I’m thinking about moving one phone to Xfinity and see how it works out and then decide if I would use our phones as hotspots and the Winegard ConnecT as the WiFi router / booster.

That way we would have both AT&T and Verizon coverage so we have a better chance of almost always having service. That approach would have been handy last weekend. We had almost zero AT&T signal but my buddy had about 3 bars in Verizon.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.