Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 01:34 AM   #11
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
I'll continue to drive this point forward. Solar has a payback period. It can be quite lengthy if you spend a lot of time hooked to other powers sources or camp in a lot of shade, where solar is compromised.

If you spend 90% of you time in the desert southwest, your payback period will be less.

Try to research it and compare that to how you use your RV, or intend to use it once you get solar and the picture will get clearer with most every read. Solar is either a fad or a vey good way to remain off grid.

I know a woman with a scamp fifth wheel. She has 750W solar, Victron equipment and 3 lithium batteries. She dry camps 95% of the time. In her case, it already paid for itself.

I agree with this. (For whatever THAT’s worth!). Significant solar makes no sense whatsoever in my case as we simply don’t camp without at least electric hookup. But for under
$150 I was able to add enough solar to keep all three of my batteries charged while in storage. My coach was not prewired.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum