Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 02:48 PM   #1
Wiley1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Virginia
THOR #19277
how to add an external audio source to Axerra

These questions are for anybody who is familiar with the 2017 E450 dashboard and/or the Axxera AV615BMH radio.

Our Freedom Elite 23H has a 40" Seiki TV mounted in the over-cab bunk on the passenger side. But, the audio is awful through the tiny speakers in the flat screen and there isn't enough volume to hear anything when the AC is running. I would like to feed the TV audio through the camper's sound system.

I decided that I need to hard-wire the audio output from the TV to the external audio input on the Axxera. No video - just audio.
According to the user manual that I got from Axxera, there are 9 RCA jacks on the back of the unit. Two of them are labeled L-IN and R-IN. If I'm right, these will allow me to select AV-IN from the touch screen. I just hope they are allowed to work when the vehicle is moving.

I've watched a YouTube video on how to pry off the dash trim, so the front of the Axxera is now exposed. I can't quite get my hands behind the radio, so my next step is to remove the 7mm mounting screws and pull it out slightly.

I bought this 15-foot dual-male to dual-male audio cable from Amazon for $13.49. It will easily reach from the TV to the radio. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to run it under the bunk floor, over the headliner or under the door trim, down inside the windshield trim, behind the dash, and over to the Axerra.

Does anybody have any advice on the easiest way to do that? I'm going to test things before I started tearing out trim panels.

While I'm in there, I may want to do something about the terrible FM radio reception. Has anybody found an FM antenna that will outperform the stock antenna from Ford? How is that thing supposed to work with a metal roof over it? I'd like to find a way to tie the Axerra into my TV antenna.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum