Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 05:09 PM   #4
Wiley1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Virginia
THOR #19277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
A $100 replacement TV or a $100 soundbar is the easiest. The axxera speakers aren't placed to be anything but annoying with the TV hooked to them. I would not take the path you're taking.

And
You're dealing with a much hated axerra worthless, or soon to be worthless, head unit. An android 10 inch screen radio head is $159 for a great unit.
I'm sure that is all great advice, except for a few points:
- my post was asking how to pull a cable from point A to point B. You didn't offer any useful advice on that issue.
- your solutions cost $259, combined, and a ton of time to install.
- my Seiki TV is 40". It barely fits under the roof and it scrapes the bunk mattress when I swing it into travel position. There is no place for a sound bar unless I velcro it to the ceiling near the AC unit
- any replacement TV would have the same crappy speakers

I will investigate the head unit you recommend but a new head unit won't solve my TV issue. I am not a fan of the Axxera but anything that replaces it would have to fit nicely in the dash and come with backup cam support.

Care to provide a model number or a link to a discussion?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum