Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 01:41 PM   #4
Wiley1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Virginia
THOR #19277
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
my current MH has a thermostatically controlled furnace & A/C in a wall mount thermostat. It would be simple to extend the wires on your furnace to a better located and digital thermostat. You can control your A/C with the thermostat as well but you would have to remove your current controls (or disable them) and add a "control box" to it as well as run wires from the thermostat to the A/C control box.
Seems logical, doesn't it? So why do Thor and Suburban continue to install that crummy mechanical device? Could a mercury switch actually work as well or cost less than a digital device?

Is your thermostat digital? Does it control both the furnace and the AC?
Do you have Suburban and Coleman like I do?
Do you happen to know the make and model of your thermostat?

A few minutes ago, I fired off an email inquiry to AirExcel, the guys who own both Suburban and Coleman-Mach. I'll report back when I hear from them.

Actually, I have no problem with where the existing furnace thermostat is mounted, on an inside wall near the foot of the mattress. That is a fairly central location and it makes sense to take the temp measurement where people sleep. The trick will be to run a cable from the rooftop AC unit to that point. The existing cable isn't likely to have enough wires in it.

I have not found installation of new wiring inside my coach to be "simple". When I get inside the ceiling, I find ribbed styrofoam. The ribs always seem to run in a different direction than I want to go. Is there a YouTube video where I can learn a few tricks?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.