Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 06:19 AM   #9
Amochef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: California
THOR #1455
Our Windsport 27K

Congratulations on your new RV! We have the Windsport 27K (which is the sister to your RV) and love it. We have had it for a year now and have taken it out at least once a month. Usually weekend trips and 2 longer ones (first was a week in february and second was 2 weeks in august).
We have noticed some of the same challenges as you have.
My Dw put up hooks with command strips by the front door for jackets and leashes for the dogs and has worked out very well so far.
We also get the rattle from the table and have not fixed yet, but that is on my honey-do list along with lifters for the bed so one person can get things out. It gets pretty heavy lifting up the bed, mattress, mattress pad, sheets, comforter and a small dog!
We had noticed the whistling around the windshield and had the dealer re-set the windshield. Better but not quiet. But at least we can hear the radio and talk.
The RV is pushed around by the wind a bit but not too bad. First thing we did was make sure the tires were inflated properly (they had too much air in them) and then got an alignment. May do the CHF sooner or later-seems to handle pretty well.
My DW also got another thick mattress pad to go over the mattress and it helps a lot. Very comfortable now (and gotta love the king bed!).
We use tension bars for the pantry door-works great and easy to do.
We drove in a rainstorm just after Christmas and found our outside storage behind the rear wheel on the door side had become filled with an inch or so of water.
Our batteries were bad-the dealer replace with 2 interstate deep cycle with 160 AH each. We also have a folding solar panel (160 W) that is sufficient to recharge/keep charged our batteries during the day.
I like the idea of using the small table at the dinette-much more room to get around. Will have to try it this weekend.
What heater did you buy? We have looked at the Buddy and that may be our next purchase.

All in all we are very pleased with our unit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum