Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 11:35 PM   #6
myrickwr

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arkansas
THOR #7213
Finally got the repair done, myself as not much help was available.
I set the rv up like normal, leveled it and put a floor jack with a board underneath the steps and removed factory hardware. Using the jack I lowered the stairs in place.

I then used the hydraulics Jack's on the rv and raised the front to allow more access. There wasnt really a way to remove the stairs completely.

I was able to turn the stairs on the side and rebuild in place. Using plywood I rebuilt the side panels and stained with Cabot deck stain, solid color. Thick acrylic base that covered great and very durable.

There was damage on one side of the stair frame so I used solid flat steel to mend and strengthen that side. I also replaced all the hardware and most of the angle aluminum underneath for the base support. I used flat 1/16 aluminum on top of the plywood to add strength to the frame. Fastening the new hardware through the aluminum into the plywood and ultimately into the steel frame.

I will eventually use some angle iron and add more support to the bottom of the stairs tying into the frame in a couple weeks. The stairs are definitely solid now though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200727_170947.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	25240

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum