Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 01:13 AM   #34
KrisCatNC

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: North Carolina
THOR #19382
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Regarding the quoted post. Make upgrades based on your driving experience with the coach and not based on someone else's personal opinion. Your driving experience and ability is not the same as anyone else.

The two things I would suggest you do:

First, load the vehicle for travel and then run it across a set of scales to get an accurate weight. After this set the tire pressure to that recommended by the tire manufacturers weight to pressure tables.

Second, with the vehicle loaded for travel have the front end alignment checked. Chances are the previous owner never had that done.

Enjoy the journey.
Thanks! After our first local trip we did take it and have two new front tires and have it aligned because the older tires did have some wear on the inside and she handled very dumpy (not sure if everyone understand what I mean when I say that, but just really sloppy handling). They were also two different brands. Now she drives wonderfully.

This RV is my first time driving a big rig (big to me anyway) or any truck really that wasn't just a one off and I was very comfortable driving it. Heading out last week she really did handle pretty well on the highways. It was our first drive on major highways.

I did have hubby drive up on the scales and weigh this trip. I need to sit down and figure out the tire pressure. It was weighed with everything we will carry for each trip.

I appreciate the help! Thank you!
Camping- Where Friends & Marshmallows Get Toasted At The Same Time.
2017 Thor Four Winds - wherever the road takes us!
KrisCatNC is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum