Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 02:33 AM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuttle59 View Post
2003 Four Winds Hurricane - test plug is showing all outlets with an "open ground" while on shoreline power. But, when switched to the generator power all outlets are "correct". Then, when back to shoreline, "open ground" again. So I went to the breaker panel with my meter. While on shoreline power, testing from hot to neutral is 120v, but from hot to ground is 60v. However, when on generator power, hot to neutral is 120v and hot to ground is also 120v. Is this normal (ie; ok?). I'm wondering if this has to do with the transfer switch set-up? It's obvious a ground exists for either power source, since I'm getting a reading from hot to ground on my meter... but why only 60v when on shoreline power, and 120v while on generator? Help!

Not normal...
The RV panel does not have bonded neutral to ground. It is considered a sub-panel. The generator provides bonded neutral to ground as does shore power.
I’d start at power pedestal and verify 120 from hot to ground.
From there check power cord, RV receptacle, and transfer switch looking for loose ground connection.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum