Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 09:18 AM   #3
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuttle59 View Post
2003 Four Winds Hurricane - test plug is showing all outlets with an "open ground" while on shoreline power. But, when switched to the generator power all outlets are "correct". Then, when back to shoreline, "open ground" again. So I went to the breaker panel with my meter. While on shoreline power, testing from hot to neutral is 120v, but from hot to ground is 60v. However, when on generator power, hot to neutral is 120v and hot to ground is also 120v. Is this normal (ie; ok?). I'm wondering if this has to do with the transfer switch set-up? It's obvious a ground exists for either power source, since I'm getting a reading from hot to ground on my meter... but why only 60v when on shoreline power, and 120v while on generator? Help!
Assuming you are on a campground PED. The problem is with in the shore line pedestal. Unplug the RV at the RV connection and check the voltage at the end of the cord. then unplug the cord at the ped and check the voltage. The fact that it works correctly on The gen proves your rig is ok. Get the park to have it fix immediately. If at home call an electrician.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.