Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 08:38 PM   #1
Dalbet

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #19867
Charging house batteries w/o disconnecting them

Brought the Thor Vegas home and previous owner had mentioned that I should charge the house batteries. I proceeded by placing the battery switch in store and it clicked and then I put the charger on the 2 12volt batteries. Lights for the backup camera screen came on and would not turn off. Read the manual at this point - saw that I should have disconnected the cables first before charging - Here's the question: Is this a big problem? Now I have two new 12 volt batteries - hooked them up and pushed the battery switch to use, nothing happens. It no longer clicks when I push it back to "store." Any suggestions on what is wrong? The ground switch had popped out at some point and I reset it. Backup camera lights went off by the next day.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.