Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 11:51 PM   #28
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
It could be that Cummins knew they wrote a bloated estimate, and were looking for a "pre-emptive strike" on Good Sam...
There is always some negotiations process. It gets the ball rolling. Once the repair shop can show that it's going to cost more than the initial agreed price: they can submit paperwork for a supplemental payment.
I think OP was saying Good Sams was NOT going to pay either way?

From ITshelf
So, this POS "Warranty" won't cover or reimburse anything because the failure happened in the carburetor which is listed in their exclusions.
Looks like I'm gonna pay out of pocket and use the refund from cancelling this garbage "coverage".
Looks like "Good" Sam has lost yet another customer.

Oddly I got a letter from Good Sams today trying to sell me an Extended Service Plan

In the letter from Marcus Lemonis they say the average repair for a "Aux Generator" is $5,500
Then they say my favorite " There's peace of mind in knowing you are covered when an unavoidable repair is needed"

Don't get me wrong. I am Good Sams member. I think they do EXACTLY what they say will do and nothing more. The problem is that in my view it more often than not takes advantage of those that can least afford it.

In DFW there is this Leasing company that is always advertising on radio with the annoying jingle where they say "leasing is cheaper than buying" My view is yes it may be cheaper than buying but it cost more
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum