Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #15
Cherry3z

State: Arizona
THOR #17071
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymillsus View Post
Have you looked at one of these I just got one and seems to be pretty amazing and increasing air flow. and the return goes from 4x16 to 16x16.

https://rvairflow.com/
I just looked this over. The concept certainly seems solid. The divider between the supply and return was always pretty poor to start with, even if you mucked with it some.

The only thing I'm unsure about....with this design, you appear to lose what I call the "flood cooling", where you open the vents on the unit itself, to cool just the room it's in. I have a single unit RV, and sometimes when I just want max cooling in the living room, I open those which effectively stops the ducting to other rooms. But, seems like using this to make the ducting more efficient, and just closing off the vents in the other areas/rooms would be worth the trade, if it works as well as they say.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.