Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 12:35 AM   #15
clev

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #9543
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM41261 View Post
Well I figured what the heck and jumped in yesterday afternoon and added a couple braces as a preventative fix. I found a couple heavy duty pre-drilled L brackets that fit nicely then drilled and bolted from both the top and bottom. Each bracket is about 18" from center.

The repair itself wasn't that bad and probably would not of taken more than a few hours if I didn't have to make a few trips to the hardware store and my house for extra tools and supplies. Unfortunately I have to store the unit in a covered storage lot. No room at home.

Gary
Gary can you orient me on your picture. I received my 2017 36RSSB3 in December, 2016, and have towed it at least 20k miles. I am frequently inspecting my unit and fix and tighten as needed, but I have noticed nothing loose on my back cap, and no visible gaps. I may try some preventative maintenance, but the few pictures that I've seen, I cannot determine exactly what I'm looking at.
2017 36RSSB3--2012 F350 KR, LWB, SRW, bilsteins, 1 1/4" anti sway bar, bilstein steering stabilizer, airlift air bags, on board wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, all synthetic fluids; KEM, Tyrant, and PIP tunes with SCT X4 programming, G37 2017 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission and torque convertor, Edge CTS gauge monitoring.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum