Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 07:21 AM   #57
Elite Washington

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley97 View Post
Court and insurance are way different. Insurance is a private company and can pretty much do as they please. Court cannot find you guilty without a law being broken. Civil court also has to find based on laws.

I have searched for accidents caused or worsened by a lack of brakes on a TOAD and have not found any. In every case it was excessive speed, or following too close. I havent even seen a TOAD break free.

A tire coming off a TOAD would suck, but in that case I am not sure extra brakes would help much.
You don’t have to be guilty to lose. I work for a bank we are sued all the time. I don’t work for that one that makes fake accounts. Most of the time we have an ironclad case of breach of contact or something a long those lines. Overdraft fees is another huge one. It doesn’t really cost us any money to fight a lot of these but where we always lose is with company reputation. We don’t settle because we want to it’s because it’s cheaper to make these things go quietly away. If you are a small business owner though and you have to go to court you might win the case but the negative publicity could cost you a ton of money. With the example of that small business owner and god forbid someone is killed because your toad broke lose, but say you were legal and you won your court case so you are not liable for monetary damages. The so called victims can put their story out there make you look negligent you could lose your business because people boycott you. I am not saying it’s right but life is all about hedging. Looking at this thread the majority agree that brakes are a must even if they aren’t required. In today’s day and age with social media that has become the court that matters most.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum